Thursday, June 30, 2022

31 Morgade to Ventas de Narón - 15 miles

 Just a day on the Camino. 

I have to admit that nothing really spectacular happened on the Camino today, but that’s okay. On day 31 I can tell that my body is getting tired, but then again we did walk 15 miles afain and it’s still pretty gosh darn beautiful.















Today, we made it to the 100km distance marker, meaning we only have 100km (about 60 miles) left to Santiago. After today we have about 48 more miles to go, and we will cover that distance in three days.




(Yes, Mom, I imitated the sign.)


We passed through the city of Portomarín which is interesting because of the reservoir that sits below the city.







Evidently, when they built the reservoir in the 60s they had to move several important buildings brick by brick, including the main church of Saint Nicholas. 



To get into Portomarín you cross over the old bridge by going up 42 stairs. There was an option to bypass this but when you’re a pilgrim on the Camino you follow the path.





Except when you don’t follow the path. Michelle and I were walking along today and a large tour bus stopped in front of us. I thought they were just letting us pass by, but then I saw the tour guide waving his hands in a circular motion. He stepped out of the bus (and happened to be from England so he could speak English) and told us, “You made a classic mistake.” We missed a turn and were not on the actual Camino path. Luckily we weren’t too far off and he told us that many people miss this particular sign.



The day ended with us getting to Ventas de Narón where we are spending the night. By the way, it is currently 6:30 in the evening and only 64°. I’m actually a little chilly right now!  In the end, I guess it was an exceptional day after all because I get to be on the Camino.






Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment