Friday, July 1, 2022

32 Ventas de Narón to Melide - 16.5 miles

 What a difference a day makes.  


Yesterday, I just wasn’t feeling it. We have been walking now for over a month and I think I was just really tired. All I wanted to do was get to the destination. Which I did and which gave me a good pizza dinner and a really good night's sleep. (My family will tell you that a well-fed Bob and a well-rested Bob is a well-Bob!) 


So when I woke up this morning, well rested, I was in a much better mood and knew it would be a good day. And it was.



The morning started out pretty foggy and the landscape looked like something from a science-fiction movie.









We walked through several little towns again until we made it to Palas de Rei. There, is the church of Saint Tirsus. You hear his name a lot around here but I cannot figure out who he is. My hunch is he goes by another name. If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it. There was a beautiful statue of Our Lady of Perpetual Help and, of course, St. James. 







The afternoon included more little towns, some giant ant statues (I don’t know why) and a lot of walking in the woods. The temperature has started to warm up again, so the shade was much appreciated.









That brought us to our final destination of the day, Melide. 




I may have pampered myself a little, but after a 17 mile day, and after 30-some days of walking, and with just two more days to go I think I deserved it.




Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment