Sunday, June 5, 2022

6 Muruzabel to Villatuerta - 15.5 miles



 Today we walked. 

I know that doesn’t sound all that exciting, but that pretty much sums up what today was about. 


There was however one fun story that happened. Yesterday, Michelle with whom I’m walking left her hiking polls in a cafe. Realizing this, she went to retrieve them only to find out that someone took them and went ahead quickly to try and find the owner. Michelle then also quickly went ahead but never caught up to the well-intentioned individual. They were gone. 


Fast forward to today. We stopped in Puente la Reina to get some breakfast.  We were sitting next to a nice couple from Belgium and had a little conversation with them. When the woman got up because her taxi to the airport had arrived, Michelle realized that she had her hiking poles.  Her husband was the one trying to find the polls’ owner. It was a bit of “camino magic” I think. 



Other than that, there weren’t a whole lot of exciting things today on the Camino other than we got where we wanted to end up. Along the way we passed through several medieval towns and continued through the countryside. I must admit that I am tired and that my feet and legs are sore. But at the same time, I find that my heart is happy and full of joy. So, I will just leave you with a few pictures from today. 














Oh, one more thing. We have walked over 100 kilometers already. That makes me feel accomplished. 


Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment