Saturday, July 2, 2022

33 Melide to Salcede - 16 miles

 Tomorrow is the day!


I don’t know which one is more difficult to believe. That we have been walking for 33 days. Or that tomorrow is our final day and we arrive in Santiago.


I have found that these past couple of days, as we near the end of this pilgrimage, I have not taken as many pictures. I think it’s because I have been a bit more contemplative, thinking of all of the experiences of these past several weeks. (I also realize that I’m getting tired and some day just want to reach the day’s destination quickly :)


In a special way, however, I have had a sense of deep gratitude for all who have been with me on this journey.  Whether physically traveling with me to Santiago or with me in spirit, you have made this pilgrimage so meaningful. Thank you for your support, encouragement, laughter, for reading what I write, and above all for your prayers.  This pilgrimage has been an incredible experience and knowing that you have been with me has made it all that more incredible.


Stay tuned for tomorrow’s grand conclusion in Santiago, and stay tuned as I’m sure I will continue to reflect and muse on these experiences in the days, weeks, months and even years ahead.


For now, I’ll leave you with a few pictures from today, walking about 16 miles through more small medieval towns and along the beautiful countryside of northern Spain.

















Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment