Sunday, August 19, 2012

I finally gave in...

After almost three months in Italy, I have developed a hankering.  Yes, the pasta is good, but it just seemed like something was missing.  What could it be?

After a walk up St. Leonard's Hill in Verona, which gave me a great view of the city...



















....and took me to the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes....



...I decided to treat myself.  In one of the main piazzas (Piazza Bra) I found "Cafe Ippopotamo" (yes, that would translate into Hippopotamus)...
















  ...and enjoyed a lunch which consisted of a cheeseburger (with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup and mayo), french fries, and a large Coke (with ice)....

 ... I'm okay with being a stereotypical American right now.  It's not the best burger I've ever had, but maybe the best I could find in Verona.  And, most importantly, it's what I needed on Saturday :)
 I was accompanied on this little adventure by James, a seminarian from the island of Saipan (a U.S. territory).  We enjoyed our burgers, spoke English (ooops), and watched classic MTV (summer of 1987).  It was a good day! 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was a little nervous when you were wearing a bra and eating pizza... Get it? Piazza Bra! I crack myself up!

    ReplyDelete