Sunday, July 29, 2012

We're halfway there...


Friday marked the halfway point of my language class in Verona…one month down, one to go.  We took our final test of the month on Thursday (I did fine, mom) and then had the “CUM Olympics.”  (CUM stands for Centro Unitario Missionario and is the name of the organization that is offering the class.)  I am happy to say that I did Indiana proud by playing in the 3-on-3 basketball game, and our team won.  (I did Indiana proud by not messing up too much and letting the other two have the ball!)  On Friday, our class had a “festa” to celebrate the end of the first course and to say goodbye to a few students who were leaving.  It included a bit of wine, pizza, music and dancing.  Here’s some pictures from the celebration.
Ciao!

Religious going wild.

Celebrating Sisters.

Dancing Columbian style.

Dancing African Style.

With Sr. Sudeepa and Fr. Saji from India.

Our teacher, Giulio, is on the left.

Class photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment