Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Auguri!

A few weekends ago, it was time to party....Italian style! Over the past few years, I have gotten to know an Italian family who, in their own words, tell me that their house is always open! And I believe it! Last spring when my family was visiting, they had all of us over for dinner one evening. With other guests, we totaled 17...and we all fit around the table.

This year, Fabrizio and Emanuela are celebrating their 25th Wedding Anniversary. So I joined them and their family and about 200 other guests to celebrate! I was full after the antipasti (appetizers) but gathered all my strength to make it through the pasta course and onto the dolci (desserts - there were 5!) Of course, there was plenty of wine and prosecco to go around as well. The Italians might not be all that good at bureaucracy, but they sure know how to throw a good party!


With my Italian Mom and Dad

Fr. Antonio and Fr. Loris joined us as well  

The happy couple

From last year

The whole family

ALL the family
 Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment