Wednesday, May 15, 2013

37

I talked to my mom yesterday, and the first question she asked was, "So what did you do on your birthday?"  Of course, being the good seminarian that I am, I went to school!  So, on my birthday I listened to a lecture on the miracles in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke; I read a little bit from 5th century theologian John Chrysostom, and I learned how to use third declension 'i-stem' nouns in Latin!

But, of course, all work and no play makes not a good priest (and a cranky Bob)!  So, in true Italian fashion, we went for gelato after dinner.  For those who have been following this blog, this shouldn't come as a surprise.
At our favorite gelateria.  Being only two blocks from our house, it's a blessing and a curse :)


Every Wednesday, I volunteer at a home for senior citizens, and I found out that one of the other volunteers, Paolo, shares my birthday.  I never thought I would have an Italian Birthday Twin!  So, tonight, we celebrated together with Italian 'torta.' 
Celebrating our birthdays with Mariastella.


This birthday, I realized that I'm getting a bit closer to one of the those landmark birthdays (yikes!)  But I also realized how grateful I am for all the experiences that I have had, all the things I have been able to do and see, and all the people (both near and far) who are a part of my life.  I was overwhelmed with birthday greetings from all over the place...from the USA, Europe, South America, India, and Israel...written in English, Italian, and even Greek!  So, too all of you, a big THANK YOU!!!  and GRAZIE MILLE!!! and σας ευχαριστώ!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment